Timber Update July 2020
As the UK transitions towards a reduced lockdown working environment, there are reports of a range of economic stimulus packages being announced by the government and the construction sector is at the heart of it. Many see this as the time to adopt new approaches in construction products and methods, which are safer and more sustainable.
- Government to commit to 'Build-Build-Build' including 180,000 affordable homes backed by Trussed Rafter Association
- Committee on Climate Change (CCC) report calls for more tree planting and low carbon retrofits
- Glenigan Construction Industry Forecast 2021-22 published 30th June is available to download for free
- RIBA calls on government to exclude structural timber from combustibles ban
To read more about RIBA's call to the government, click here.
Timber Market Update
Demand for many construction, fencing and landscaping products is in many cases outstripping supply. With the summer shutdowns for many sawmills in the UK and Europe now looming, it looks as if the situation is likely to continue for a while.
Although some reports suggest that this reduced supply may be easing, non-timber products such as plasterboard, lintels and hard-landscaping products are also in short supply.
- Strong demand for fencing and landscaping products continues as the public spend on their outdoor spaces
- USA lockdown demand diverts volume away from the UK
- As manufacturers return to production and increased demand for construction products continue, pallet sector demand is also improving
- Reduced import figures from Scandinavia and the Baltics as COVID lockdowns in Europe increase pressure on UK availability
New stock of our standard Glulam timber is now available at our Rochester stock site for prompt delivery or collection.
Bespoke Glulam structure are available for project requirements, including curved beams. To find out more or speak to one of our team about your requirements, please contact us.
Composite Prime Pro Installer
Applications for the Composite Prime approved installer scheme are now open!
As a qualified pro installer, you will receive:
- Exclusive web listing with Composite Prime
- Industry leading sales and marketing collateral
- Lead generation
- VIP technical support and training
... among many other things!
To submit an application, click here.
To find out more about our Composite Decking range, click here.